Martingale seeks full time graphic designer
Martingale is an industry-leading publisher of quilt, knit, crochet, and craft books by top authors. Since its founding in 1976, our 100% employee-owned company has sold more than 21 million books worldwide, which are distinguished by their carefully edited instructions, detailed illustrations, and how-to photos.
If you have the experience, skills, and creativity to join our dynamic marketing team, we want to hear from you. Send your resume, work samples, and a brief cover letter to Karen Johnson, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com.
- Design effective and brand-appropriate marketing materials for print and web, including ads, catalogs, flyers, brochures, signage, and other promotional materials. Prepare and submit final art. Check and approve all stages of proofs.
- Organize and archive images/photo files for marketing materials.
- Prepare and upload product images and eBooks to a variety of specifications for use on company websites and online retailers including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and others.
- Create and update a variety of web graphics, logos, ads, and web pages.
- Backup and archive all electronic marketing files, including ads, catalogs, signage, and reprint files.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong visual design skills for web, print, and multimedia platforms, including a sound understanding of design fundamentals and typography.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), basic HTML/CSS, and Flash.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, WordPress, and PHP are pluses.
- Understanding of, and experience with, prepress requirements for print media.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while managing shifting priorities, adhering to strict deadlines, and maintaining excellent communication with vendors and marketing team.
- Great attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, and capacity to adapt to changing situations .
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
Education: College degree, design school certificate, or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum three years experience designing a variety of print and web materials, including catalogs, brochures, advertisements, and promotional pieces.
Working Conditions: Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and meet numerous deadlines with frequent interruptions. Noise level can be high due to an open work environment. This in an onsite 40 hour per week position. No telecommuting.